Sunday, November 25, 2007

UPDATE: Only some scars are visible

Well, after a bit of introspection, and some very helpful input from friends, I ran down a sheriff's deputy to find out exactly what my legal requirements were. He was helpful enough to tell me that I did not, in fact, have an obligation to report the bite. I didn't ask further whether seeking medical attention would obligate those professionals to report, since over a week into the situation I've developed no symptoms and, well, a week is a little late for anything. On the advice of a friend, I'll contact the dogs' owners' and suggest that they take precautions to ensure that a similar situation is less likely to reoccur, and of course, that they exercise caution letting the dogs around children.

The nose hasn't fallen off yet, although I'm more sure than ever that I suffered a hairline fracture. I've got to take extra special care for awhile not to say anything likely to get me smacked in the chops, which, for those of you that know me, might be a bit of a task.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: