Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Photo of the Day: "Highpoint at Boysen"

Today's Photo of the Day required more time in post than any I've shared so far, mostly for one reason, which I'll discuss below. More time yet is required before this image becomes salable.




Here is the final product. Nikon D90, Nikkor 17-35mm, 17mm, f9, 1/320 sec., ISO 200. Program with matrix meter with -1EV compensation and shift to the wider (f9) aperture. Preset white balance (gray card), landscape scene mode with high in-camera sharpening. Nikon NEF raw file.

Here is an alternate post-processed image I ultimately rejected:




This was a quick-and-dirty post, if I had decided to stick with it I would have needed to do some additional work. This image was washed through Lightroom before I did some manual dodging of the right cliff face in Photoshop. Before the PS work, we had:





And finally, the original image:


No comments: